The Honda Pilot midsize SUV is the brand’s largest SUV and the only model in the Honda catalog to offer three-row seating except for the more spacious Honda Odyssey minivan.
Introduced in 2002 to replace the outing Passport model, the first two generations of the Honda Pilot were much boxier than the model most drivers are familiar with today. The modern third generation of the Pilot was introduced at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show and was released later that year. Since then, the Pilot has had several updates, newly upgraded features, and style adjustments but is not yet scheduled for a redesign to bring about its coveted fourth generation.
Known for its safety, size, and practicality, the Honda Pilot continues to succeed with consumers, selling under 100,000 new units in only three of its 19 years of production.
- 2022 Honda Pilot (Starting MSRP $39,060)
- Pros: The Honda Pilot midsize SUV is surprisingly fast and fuel-efficient for its size and has plenty of interior space and standard features.
- Cons: The lackluster style is due for a redesign, and its third row isn’t comfortable for adult passengers.
- See Also: CR-V and Passport
- How much space does the Honda Pilot have?
- How reliable is the Honda Pilot?
- What are the safety features of the Honda Pilot?
- How long will a Honda Pilot last?