The Honda Insight is a hybrid electric compact sedan model currently priced and sized between the Civic compact sedan and the Accord midsize sedan.
First developed in 1999, the Honda Insight was, at the time, the most fuel-efficient gasoline-powered car in the American automotive market that wasn’t a PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicle).
Discontinued several times, the Honda Insight keeps returning, new and improved. Its first generation ran from 1999 to 2006 and was a two-door compact hatchback that seated two passengers. Its second generation ran from 2009 to 2014 and kept the hatchback/liftback design but added two additional doors and bumped passenger capacity up to five. Its current and third generation, introduced in 2018 with the 2019 model year, is a four-door compact sedan model.
The current Honda Insight is based on the modern Civic, but with greater fuel efficiency and unique aesthetic choices. Are you looking for an affordable and stylish hybrid? We’d definitely recommend the Honda Insight.
- 2022 Honda Insight (Starting MSRP $25,210)
- Pros: The Honda Insight hybrid sedan provides high fuel efficiency, a comfortable cabin space, and a very smooth driving experience.
- Cons: For its price, the Insight feels cramped, and its gasoline engine can often be noisy under stress.
- See Also: Accord and Civic
- Which Honda Insight trim level is the best?
- How safe is the Honda Insight?
- How comfortable is the Honda Insight?
- How fuel-efficient is the Honda Insight?