The Genesis GV80 is a midsize luxury SUV model produced and sold by the luxury automaker Genesis Motor. As the largest model currently offered by Genesis, the GV80 is priced and sized above the upcoming Genesis GV60 subcompact electric luxury SUV and the Genesis GV70 compact luxury SUV.
Debuting in January 2020, the Genesis GV80 was the fourth vehicle in the Genesis vehicle catalog and its first SUV model. Designed collaboratively between teams in Europe, South Korea, and the U.S., the GV80 was built on a new rear-wheel-drive architecture platform (with available AWD) that was later implemented into the GV70.
A newcomer to the luxury SUV realm, the Genesis GV80 is already collecting plenty of accolades from critics and consumers as an incredible option. Its many rivals in the market include the Audi Q8, the BMW X5, the Jaguar F-Pace, the Mercedes-Benz GLE, and the Volvo XC90.
- 2022 Genesis GV80 (Starting MSRP $49,700)
- Pros: The Genesis GV80 midsize luxury SUV is easy and fun to drive, incredibly comfortable with a quiet and peaceful cabin, and packed with standard high-tech features.
- Cons: Like the GV70, the GV80’s back row of seats is cramped. Additionally, handling can feel heavy when turning.
- See Also: G80 and GV70
- How reliable is the Genesis GV80?
- How safe is the Genesis GV80?
- What are the standard features of the Genesis GV80?
- What’s the best trim level of the Genesis GV80?