The GMC Canyon is a midsize truck model produced by the General Motor Company (GMC), a subsidiary of General Motors. The Canyon is the smallest truck model offered by GMC, with the company also selling the GMC Sierra full-size pickup truck and the GMC Sierra Heavy Duty models.
The GMC Canyon is a premium counterpart to the Chevy Colorado under the General Motors umbrella. The Canyon was first released in 2014 during the Colorado’s second generation, following a debut at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan.
The Colorado and the Canyon midsize pickup trucks are both still currently in their second generation. A third-generation for the vehicles is planned for the 2023 or 2024 model year.
- 2022 GMC Canyon (Starting MSRP $26,800)
- Pros: The GMC Canyon boasts sharp and robust styling, enriching driving dynamics and features, and robust and rewarding powertrain options.
- Cons: The standard engine of the Canyon feels underpowered, and it comes with very few active safety and driver-assistance features.
- See Also: Sierra and Heavy Duty
- How much can the GMC Canyon tow?
- How much does the GMC Canyon cost to insure?
- What’s included in the GMC Canyon Denali?
- Chevy Colorado vs. GMC Canyon