The Nissan Altima midsize sedan is one of the most celebrated and best-selling models in the entire Nissan catalog, offering more power, space, and luxury than compact cars without going overboard on price.
The Nissan Altima was introduced in 1992 as a spinoff/successor of the Nissan Bluebird line that dated back to 1955. First presented to American drivers as an imported Bluebird with a new nameplate, the Altima eventually grew into a distinct style of its own with its second generation in 1998. Since then, it has continued to evolve into modern times.
Now on its sixth generation, the current Nissan Altima model offers unprecedented levels of safety, power, and even semi-autonomous driving modes, making it a standout amongst Nissan models and the entire automotive market.
- 2021 Nissan Altima (Starting MSRP $24,550)
- Pros: The Nissan Altima is reasonably fuel-efficient for its size, handles expertly, and offers plenty of space and comfort for passengers,
- Cons: The standard engine option of the Altima offers slow acceleration and frequent noise, and a few safety active safety features can disrupt a calming driving experience.
- See Also: Sentra and Maxima
- How safe is the Nissan Altima?
- How comfortable is the Nissan Altima?
- What’s the best Nissan Altima trim?
- How much is the Nissan Altima worth?